Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Big Move

We are slowly, but surely, getting settled into our new place (unfortunately, it is leaning more to the slowly side). We only moved 4 blocks, but it was by far the hardest move I have ever endured. I can't believe how much you can accumulate in 2 years. It's unreal how much stuff you have to have when there is a child involved. Fortunately, I survived, and we have been in our new place for 2 weeks now. I REALLY like it here. There is easily twice as much room, there is no mold growing on the walls, no lead paint peeling off the walls just begging for Maggie to take a mouth full, and so much more storage space. Maggie can crawl around and explore without giving me a heart attack that she is going to be poisoned.
I will always have a special spot in my heart for our tiny, mold infested, lead paint filled, little basement apartment. It was our first home and there was a lot of love there. We brought our first little baby home to that apartment and it will always hold many special memories. Farewell old friend.
Maggie's 1st home


3 comments:

  1. It's been so long since I've talked to you!! I actually had a dream about you the other night and thought it was a reminder to call you. But I didn't. :( (I have been sick in bed two days this week if that's a good enough excuse...) I've been thinking about how you're doing though and missing talking with you. I'm glad you like your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also...I expect to see Teemant Times on your blog list one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You're a blogger, too! Now I can stalk you and your family even more. I LOVED your post about Maggie looking like Dave... too funny! Congratulations on the move! Hope you're settled in soon and making new memories there. Miss you and think of you often.

    ReplyDelete